Company Name __________________________ Job Name __________________________ Date________
IRON — SAFE PRACTICES
• Riding loads is forbidden. Take the safest way of moving about structure. Do not jump from one place to another.
• Secure bundles of material before hoisting. Avoid overstraining of chains or slings. Frequently inspect all rigging. Know the capacity of the equipment.
• Keep clear of suspended or moving loads. Keep hands offloads that may nest or pinch fingers. Use guide lines for swinging loads.
• When pulling or dragging material, make certain that all workers are clear of the cable and load.
• Securely bolt pieces before taking off line. Securely tie or cross brace trusses until they are permanently braced.
• Set and secure temporary flooring as soon as possible to provide protection for workers below, to provide a safe working floor, and to limit any fall.
• Secure all wrenches, bull pins, etc., in your belt holster so that they will not fall out.
• Do not knock out drift pins or bolts until you make certain that they will not hit anyone. Make provisions to catch them.
• Secure snaps and plungers of pneumatic hammers. Inspect wire and holding clamps daily.
• If you normally wear glasses, do not go aloft without them. Do not wear bifocal lenses.
• Keep rivets, bolts, nuts, dollies, wrenches, and other loose articles in boxes, canvas bags, or other suitable containers so that vibration will not cause them to fall through or off planking.
Job Specific Topics:_______________________________________________________________________________________