Company Name __________________________ Job Name __________________________ Date________
These rules apply only to electrical installations used on the jobsite, both temporary and permanent:
1. Extension cords used with portable electrical tools and appliances should be of three-wire types. Grounds are never to be removed from the extension cords.
2. Temporary lights should be equipped with guards to prevent accidental contact with the bulb. Guards are not required when the reflector is constructed in such a way that the bulb is deeply recessed.
3. Temporary lights should not be suspended by their electric cords unless cords and lights are designed for this means of suspension.
4. Splices should have insulation equal to that of the cable.
5. Electrical and extension cords or cables are not to be laid on floors, in walk-ways, etc., unless it is impractical to do otherwise. They should be suspended or secured in such a way as not to block or hang in walkways, doorways, or work areas.
6. Panel boxes should have a cover on them at all times, except when being serviced; and when a temporary cover is in place, it should be marked "HOT" to denote live current.
7. Explain to the employees which ground fault system your company has in effect, either GROUND FAULT CIRCUIT INTERRUPTERS OR ASSURED EQUIPMENT GROUNDING CONDUCTOR PROGRAM.
Job Specific Topics:_______________________________________________________________________________________