Company Name __________________________ Job Name __________________________ Date________
Just a few rules that apply to the following types of earthmoving equipment: scrapers, loaders, crawlers or wheel tractors, bulldozers, off-highway trucks, graders, agriculture and industrial tractors, and similar equipment (this does not include compactors and rubber-tired "skidsteer" equipment).
1. Anytime equipment or its parts are suspended by use of slings, hoists, or jacks, they should be blocked or cribbed to prevent falling or shifting before employees are permitted to work under or between them.
2. Dozer and scraper blades, end loader buckets, dump bodies, and similar equipment, should either be fully lowered or blocked when being repaired or when not in use.
3. All controls should be in neutral position with the motors stopped and brakes set unless work being performed requires otherwise.
4. Seat belts need not be provided for equipment which is designed only for stand-up operations; i.e., graders or for equipment which does not have roll-over protection structure (ROPS) or adequate canopy protection. In other words, if you have overhead protection, you must wear a seat belt unless it is designed for stand-up operations.
5. Check the braking system on all equipment — it must be capable of stopping and holding the equipment fully loaded.
6. Watch for changing road conditions — icy and wet roads should be used with extreme caution.
7. Keep ladders, walkways, and tracks clear of mud, ice, snow, etc., to insure proper footing.
Job Specific Topics:_______________________________________________________________________________________