Company Name __________________________ Job Name __________________________ Date________
SAFETY FOR MECHANICS
1. Never depend solely on jacks or chain hoists to support a vehicle you have to work under. Use blocks.
2. Use electric extension lamps and portable electric tools only when cords and fittings are in good condition.
3. Be sure your feet are clear of passing automobiles or moving machinery when you get under a vehicle.
4. Guard against carbon monoxide gas from the exhausts of running engines. See that there is proper ventilation.
5. Do not leave gasoline standing around in open containers. Whenever possible, use Safety Solvent or other relatively safe preparations to clean parts.
6. Don't attempt to lift anything too heavy for you — get help or use a hoist.
7. Watch the wrenches and other tools you use. Keep them in safe working condition.
8. Keep a pair of safety goggles handy and wear them when doing any work in which eye protection is necessary.
9. Be sure that "mechanic's creepers" are in safe operating condition.
10. Never consider a job complete until you have checked to make sure that all lock washers and cotter pins are in place.
11. Never allow grease and oil to remain on the floor where you, or others, might slip and fall on it.
12. Always keep a suitable fire extinguisher near at hand and ready for use.
Job Specific Topics:_______________________________________________________________________________________