Company Name __________________________ Job Name __________________________ Date________
PROTECT YOUR HANDS
Most jobs require that you use your hands in some way. In fact, next to your eyes, your hands are probably the most important part of your body when it comes to doing your job. Your hands are your wage earners, a valuable asset that must be protected.
It's up to you to prevent your hands from being among the over 500,000 injured each year. Your employer helps by developing safety measures to overcome the hand injury hazards in your workplace, but it's up to you to use them.
Play your part in the hand safety effort. Remember, it's up to you to:
- Wear proper hand protection, for the job. Be sure you know the right kind of glove for the job. If you're not sure, ask.
- Think through each task before you do — know what you're asking your hands to do.
- Follow safety rules, even if you've gotten away with short cuts before. It only takes one wrong move to suffer a serious hand injury.
- Seek prompt treatment if an accident does occur. Prompt treatment can help prevent more serious consequences, such as an infection from occurring.
- Report all injuries to your supervisor, immediately. He needs to know the specifics of the accident to help prevent if from occurring again.
Remember, your employer is committed to helping you prevent injury to your hands, but the hand safety effort takes team work. You must do your part by learning basic safety rules developed by your employer and following them.
Job Specific Topics:_______________________________________________________________________________________