Company Name __________________________ Job Name __________________________ Date________
Operating a forklift is not unlike operating a car or other vehicle. Rules of the road must be followed, and all drivers must be trained and licensed to operate these vehicles.
The following do's and don'ts should be observed by all forklift truck operators:
- Before operating the truck each day, check the tires, fluid levels, radiator, battery, fire extinguisher, brake, dead man control, warning lights, horn and reverse indicators.
- Travel in reverse when carrying a bulky load which blocks vision in front.
- Face a load uphill when driving on an incline and downhill when the truck is empty.
- Travel at a safe speed and use extra caution on hills, corners and ramps.
- Check the stability of a load before moving it.
- Never lift loads which exceed the rated load capacity on the nameplate.
- Follow all in-plant traffic rules and take extra care in areas where pedestrians are present.
- Drive with hands and feet inside the truck, and do not smoke, drink or eat while operating the truck.
- Lower the fork and remove the key before leaving the truck.
Forklift trucks should be inspected on a daily basis for any defects or problems, and the forks should be checked for cracks and dents each day.
Job Specific Topics:_______________________________________________________________________________________