Company Name __________________________ Job Name __________________________ Date________
When a fire starts, fire doors are involved in preventing the spread of smoke and flame. But they're only effective if they can close the way they're meant to. Unfortunately, though, they often can't work because of people's carelessness or lack of knowledge. The following tips are very important for everyone to remember and to follow when it comes to fire safety.
- Never wedge or block a fire door to keep it open.
- Never adjust a fire door to make it easier to open. Your adjustment may render the door useless.
- If you have sliding fire doors, keep the slide track free of debris. Never store materials in the doorway.
- Don't leave boxes and equipment in front of automatic doors or at the edge of the door frame. The door won't be able to close and catch.
- Place combustibles well away from fire doors. The intense heat of a fire can radiate through closed doors and ignite combustibles on the other side.
- If you drive a forklift, be extra careful around fire doors. If you bump a sliding door, you could knock it off its track. If you have overhead rolling doors, your forklift could bend the guides, causing the door to jam.
Properly functioning fire doors save lives. So make sure you and your employees give them the care they deserve.
Job Specific Topics:_______________________________________________________________________________________