For Employees do you:
- Enforce the use of nonconductive safety shoes, hard hats and
- Advise the use of: barrier creams? respirators in areas of vapor
- Require electricians to be licensed?
- Comply with upgraded techniques, product codes, and regulations?
- Restrict employees from wearing jewelry?
- Train employees in first aid, including CPR?
For Pre-Job do you:
- Consult utilities before digging? Pre-mark all utility lines?
For Operations do you:
- Make available Class C fire extinguishers in proximity to all works areas?
- Use and maintain handrails, grips, safety lines or belts?
- Follow specifications outlined in the blueprints and National Electrical
- Use explosion-proof systems in appropriate areas installed to
- Use UL approved or equivalent fixtures?
- Keep records of purchases of equipment and site of installation?
- Protect branch circuits by using the proper size fuse or circuit breaker?
- Provide adequate instruction/warnings for safe operation with each
- Install ground fault circuit interrupters wherever appropriate?
- Make certain that the current is cut off during operations?
- Recheck de-energized circuits before work has begun?
- Ensure that all equipment, tools, wearing apparel, and job surfaces are
- Assign only experienced personnel to work on hot, or energized, circuits?
- Have an assured equipment grounding conductor program, to OSHA standards?
- Protect unfinished electrical wiring? Conduct a final inspection at day's
- Properly secure fixtures to ceiling or walls?
- Restrict smoking in and around unfinished construction?
For Equipment do you:
- Use ladders, scaffolds, or hoisting equipment that complies with safety
- Inspect equipment periodically and maintain it in good condition?
- Use non-metallic ladders when in danger of contacting any energy source?
- Follow manufactures'/suppliers/ recommendations for scaffolding use?
- Properly ground electrical equipment, power tools and extension cords?
- Maintain inventory control of supplies and equipment?
- Properly secure loads? Use special racks to fasten ladders to